Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Iris is 4 Months Old



Can you believe it? Didn't she just get out of the hospital last week? It sure feels that way, but I've already had to put away a ton of clothes that she's outgrown... so sad. Anyway, she had her 4 month check up the other day, and the biggest worry was her cradle cap. What a difference from a few months ago! I'll take the scaley head any day. She's tipping the scales at a whopping 15 pounds 1 ounce, which puts her in the 78th percentile! Our little Squasher. (It puts it in perspective when you realize that Riley, almost 4 years old, is only 31 pounds.) The doc was obviously thrilled with her progress, and gave me the green light to try some rice cereal so I might not have to continue feeding her every two hours. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this works. She sure doesn't like the bottle, and she gets angry fast if I'm not there to feed her. All errands must take under and hour and a half, as I can't take her with me. It gets old. So we'll see about the cereal. She had some shots, of course, and did really well. She only cried a little, but did give me burning, reproachful looks, as if to say, "What do you think you are doing? How could you let this happen to me?" She has so much personality, and it's fun to get to know her more each day. She's found her fingers, and spends the majority of her time with them shoved down her throat, occasionally gagging herself. We wondered if she might be worrying about her weight and feeling the social pressure to be thin just a bit early! She's a constant tooter, and she and Eric engage in competitions to see who can stink up the place the quickest. It's been a toss up so far. She still hasn't been to church, although I did hold a 9 month old throughout Relief Society last Sunday who was barely 15 pounds as well, so I felt like she was there. Iris is such a great baby, and as long as she's fed and well rested, she's not complaining. We love having her, and thank Heavenly Father each day that she's healthy. I was finally writing about her stay in the NICU in my journal the other day, and I just cried to remember it all. Seeing her hooked up to all those machines and tubes was just awful, and I pray every day that I never have to see it again. We love you, Iris!






2 comments:

Kristin said...

She is just SO darling! I am loving her chubby cheeks. The Miss is almost 9 months old and weighing in at 15.5 pounds. Hilarious!!

Tyler said...

Cute! This is my blog address.