Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Christmas!

Christmas is over. How sad. Now I'll go back to hating winter. But we did have a great time this year! Eric got done with school the week before (earning himself a 4.0 this semester, if you can believe it!) and had a while off from work, so we were able to spend a lot of time together, which is always great. It's amazing how much better behaved Riley is when there are two authority figures around. She's been so much fun!

We had Eric's family Christmas party the Sunday before Christmas, and it was great to see everybody again. I love getting to know these people, who are really becoming like family to me. So even though we just saw them on Thanksgiving, this was really fun. We had a gift swap, and this year we acted out the Christmas story after dinner. (Iris was perfect as Baby Jesus!)

We went to visit Eric's Grandpa Bartlett on Christmas Eve, who lives in Springville. I've only ever met him at his annual birthday parties, which are widely attended. There have always been so many people there that I've never said much more than hello and goodbye to him, so this was a nice chance to talk a little. He's a really funny guy! We left there and went straight to my grandparents house up in American Fork for dinner. It's always a fun time, and this wasn't an exception. We opened up a few presents after dinner, read out the Christmas story, and just visited. Very nice. After we got home that night, Eric and I did a simplified version of the story from Luke, using Riley's little nativity set. We've talked to her about it before, but I think she liked seeing us play it out. We opened up a present each, and then went to bed.

My family came over on Christmas morning, and we all opened up presents together. I love sharing this time with family! Eric and I are so blessed to have both of ours close by. After breakfast, Eric and I and the girls headed over to Patti's for more presents. Scott & Erika and Stephanie were there as well, and we had a great time. Patti and Stephanie had made a Christmas feast, which was delicious! Unfortunately, Eric had to go to work for a few hours, so I stayed there with the girls while he was gone. I thought about going home, but Patti and Stephanie were taking such good care of us, I really couldn't!

Although we received many gifts that we are so grateful for, we have been blessed to feel the Spirit often and remember the real reason that we celebrate at this time of year. How fortunate we are so have the Lord in our lives, and to have let Him in!

Here are a few pictures- sorry I forgot to rotate some.



My dad with Iris's jammies



The girls with their matching PJs- they look like a red polka dotted blob




Riley has a big, bling "R" ornament, and here Eric is trying to get her to give him some rapper attitude.




The girls both passed out on me


Christmas morning, Riley showing everyone her presents all spread out


Iris's yammika. My grandma made her this hat, which is unfortunately a wee bit small


Christmas morning


Eric and Riley coloring princesses


Iris loved being a gift


Grandma Pat and Stephanie in their matching ear muffs

1 comments:

Erin and Spencer said...

So fun! What a cute little family you have!