Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Husband Tag

1. Where did you meet your husband? Playing basketball in front of Drew Champion's house when I was in 7th grade and he was in 8th. I don't think I actually played.

2. How long did you date before you were married? Kind of a trick question... we dated for a while my senior year, but then he left on his mission and I Dear John'd him. Bummer. A few years later when we started dating again, I kind of dumped him a few times throughout the course of about five months. Bummer again. He was amazingly persistent. So, the last time we "started" dating after the last time I ditched him, we dated for about three months before we were engaged, and then were engaged for four more. Hurrah for me- I finally got it right!

3. How long have you been married? Two years this March

4. What does he do that surprises you? He's such a hard worker and not a whiner at all. I'm often surprised when I remember just how full his plate always is, because he never complains.

5. What is his best feature? He's got a cute dimple he could store ketchup in, according to some random crazy lady. It's adorable. I also quite like his forearms.

6. What is his best quality? As previously mentioned, his amazing work ethic. He's also got heaps of brains and is a real smartie pants. Also, he never stops trying to make me laugh, even when I'm stubbornly unresponsive.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Baby Face, Sweet Cheeks, Sugar Sweet... you get the idea. Anything random and cheesy.

8. What is his favorite food? Anything unhealthy. Burgers and fries probably top it all.

9. What is his favorite sport? Baseball. I just don't see the appeal.

10. When and where was your first kiss? Which one? Um, the very first one was just before Christmas in 2002 in my bedroom doorway. (I love that story.) The first one when we started dating again was on my livingroom couch, in March 2006.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Hard to say... we don't get much practice at being together. I'd say just relaxing. We're always going somewhere or doing something, so it's a real treat to just lay together and talk and talk. At least I like it.

12. Do you have any children? Riley, who will be 4 in February, and Iris, 4 months

13. Does he have any hidden talents? Tons! I think some people know that he takes great photograghs, but I bet most don't realize that he's an all around artist. He draws and paints and sculpts and all sorts of things. He also plays quite a few instruments; he'll say that he can't play any of them well. But when he picked up my sisters penny whistle and blew out a tune on his first try that had taken her a while to master, she was sure irritated.

14. How old is he? He'll be 25 on December 30- a quarter dead!

15. Who said I love you first? I did. I had him so terrified that I'd dump him if he scared me by moving too fast that I knew he'd never be the first to say it.

16. What is his favorite music? He's got a wide range, but I'd say that Wilco is probably his favorite band. Their concert this past August was awesome!

17. What do you admire most about him? What a great father he is. Our two girls each take a very different kind of parenting, and he's so confident and capable with both. I couldn't have picked a better man to help me raise our kids.

18. What is his favorite color? Green

19. Will he read this? Eventually

1 comments:

Patti said...

Catherine, You forgot about ketchup in the favorite food dept.