Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tag?

So what's with the "tagging" people thing? Educate me on the blogging etiquette, please. In checking other blogs, I see that so and so was tagged, and then they did a survey thing. But how does the survey get started? Probably anyone can, so I figured I'd start one. Please put some thought into your answers, as I'd really like to know.
  1. What, in your opinion, are the five greatest songs of all time? Not your current favorites, but the BEST. Songs that are timeless, that have touched you. In no particular order:

- Romeo and Juliet, Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits)

- You Can Close Your Eyes, James Taylor

- Tangerine, Led Zeppelin

- Brown Eyed Girl, Van Morrison

- Pastures New, Nicklecreek

2. If you had money and time enough, what charity or "cause" would you support?

The environment- what a blanket answer. I would educate people (meself included) about the damage done by the ignorance of our everyday routines. I would put money into more eco-friendly ways of living, etc.

3. What era would you live in, if you had your choice to go back into time?

The 60's. I'm afraid I mightn't have word a bra for the whole period. I think it would be exciting to take part in all those historic and groundbreaking events, and to meet all those influential people.

4. What fictitious character do you most want to emulate?

It's SO cheesy, but probably Marmee, from the Little Women series. She was so kind and patient, and people wanted to live up to her high expectations. She wasn't perfect, but was well respected by all.

5. What skill do you not have, that you wish you did?

I wish I played a musical instrument. I love music so much, but can only play the CD Player.

Now, I know this isn't the best survey you've ever read, but humor me. I hereby tag everyone who reads this.

4 comments:

Erin and Spencer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! you are having a girl! So fun for you... we really do need to get together... im not even joking this time... :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm still finding new things out about you. You are one of the most well-rounded people I know!

Emily said...

YAY for another girl! I have a feeling we're in for another boy... wanna switch? JUST KIDDING! totally kidding... but I would love a girl! Anyway - sorry I haven't fulfilled my "tagging" responsibilities. I don't have any good answers to any of your questions... I wouldn't want to live in another era (I like living now), I can only think of a couple songs that have ever been that important to me, etc. I could go on and on about talents I wish I had, but then that just gets depressing. ANyway - you need to post more! I love reading it! And once again - SOOO happy for you about girl #2

Patti said...

I found your blog on Erika's page and decided to make one of my own, so check it out. How is your new job? Hurrah for little Iris. We are very happy for you.