Thursday, April 17, 2008

Meet the Bartlett's!


Although most of you probably know everything I'm about to say, I figured I should "introduce" us to all of you in the virtual world.


I am Catherine Sariah Knight Bartlett (what a mouthful). I was born in Orem, Utah, and have lived in the same house here for almost my whole life. I went to Orem High and then out to Cape Cod, MA for about two years after graduation. We'll call it somewhat of a learning experience. When I returned to Orem, I had my little Riley.... we'll get to her in a minute.


I'm married to Eric Andrew Bartlett (not quite such a mouthful). He was born in Downey, CA...... why do people feel the need to say where they were born when telling "a little" about themselves? Who really cares? Anyway, he's lived here in Orem for most of his life, as well. He's going to UVSC now to pursue a degree in Photography, plus Pre- Dental classes- which, incidentally, will give him a minor in Chemistry without having to take any extra classes. Bleh. Then onto dental school, to the best school he can get accepted to. We used to talk about "wherever" he could get accepted, but since being married to him, I've found out just how intelligent and hard working he is. I have no doubt he'll get into a great school.


We have one daughter, Riley Jenna Bartlett. She's three years old and from my first marriage (Cape Cod). We were fortunate enough to have her sealed to us on our wedding day- one of the chief blessings in our lives. Eric had to wait till we had been married a year to do the formal adoption, but there's also no real hurry. We'll probably go ahead with that in September, when the baby is born.


Which leads me to the newest and smallest member of our family, "Harvey". I am expecting a baby, due September 15. I'm about five months along, for those of you who don't want to do the calculations, which means we'll find out the gender of Harvey (as we have been referring to him/ her) in about a week. I had some trouble with nausea during the first trimester, which I wasn't used to from Riley, and that was NO FUN! My appetite is still off, but it mostly shows itself when I can't find anything to eat! So that's not great, but better than barfing all the time, or feeling like I have to. Reading over this, I know I sound pretty dull about the whole thing, but we really are terribly excited about this baby!


Meet the Bartlett's!

4 comments:

Emily said...

You are SO LUCKY to be out of the nausea stage. I'm still in it and I'm hating life right now. I think Krew is too. It'll be so nice when I can be a "fun mom" again.... right now I'm a worthless lump that spends the day on the couch. I love being pregnant (NOT)

Erin and Spencer said...

Im not feeling any nausea...ha ha... did I fool you? Im not pregnant. Okay, so it wasn't that funny. Catherine, you are so cute and I love to read your blogs. Keep them comin'!

Sarah said...

You are never dull! Love the picture!

pinksuedeshoe said...

So, thanks for telling me you have a blog. Good thing I have stalker.web on mine and I found you that way! Ha! Very cute though, I love Riley's face in this picture. It is all... squished or something :o)