Friday, May 30, 2008

Here We Come!

Here's my beautiful friend with her snazzy new cut! (Check out those eyes-- aren't they amazing?)


I am so excited! I get to fly to Washington DC to visit my dearest and best friend Cheryl in only a few days! Riley and I head out next Tuesday, sans Eric, to stay with Cheryl and her hubby and son for a week. Although I'm more than a bit nervous for the flight with Riley, I am SO excited to see Cheryl. We'll get to be there for her son, Zac's, first birthday, which is just an added bonus! We have been friends for years- since junior high- and have lived on opposite sides of the country for the past five, so we don't see each other nearly enough. Frequent phone calls, the Internet, and far too few visits have helped us stay close-- she keeps me sane. So, hopefully, I'll come back and more calm and peaceful person. I've got a lot of pent up rage, and Cheryl helps me work though things.

So, if you have any suggestions about where to go or what to do in DC, send 'em my way! I'd be happy to sit on her couch and talk to her for a week straight, but I doubt either Riley or Zac (not to mention her husband, Mike) would be wild about watching that. Also, if anyone has any tips for keeping a crazy toddler entertained on a plane, PLEASE pass those on!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Have so much fun!! And good luck with Riley! I haven't ever taken Krew on a plane, but this is how we keep him entertained in the car on trips: portable DVD player. It probably the best investment we have EVER made! Travelling is a breeze

Kristin said...

DC is SO great with kids! We have been several times and had a blast. Our kids especially love the Air and Space Museum and running like crazy and riding the carousel at the national mall.

As for the plane ride our little trick is a roll of masking tape. I let each of the boys have one. They make pictures on their tray, tape up the armrests and the windows and have a great time. It is quiet and easy to clean up!
Have fun!!

The Scribbles said...

you can fly to DC but not to Cape cod? what's up with that? Call me! we miss you and Love you! How is my girl
Talk to you soon