Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's A Girl!


So Eric and I found out that our budding baby is, in fact, a budding baby girl! I've been meaning to find a way to scan the ultrasound picture into the computer so I could show all of you. Not having a scanner is making that kind of a daunting project. So, "Screw it!", I said, and am posting about it sans picture. (Like anyone can tell what those pictures show, anyway. Eric claims he can- yeah right.)

The ultrasound lady was pretty positive about the gender, so we've started to think about names. (I shouldn't say "started"- I've been thinking about names since long before I was pregnant.) We're almost set on Iris for a first name, and are debating between three or four middle names. At least I'm debating- mentally. Eric doesn't seem to feel the same sense of urgency to have it settled as I do. Wonder why?

The ultrasound lady also said that my due date of Sept. 15 was a little off. She estimated that it should be closer to the 22, but since that isn't 10 days from my original date, they wouldn't officially change it. Strange, but oh well. At least it's later rather than earlier. I have a friend whose date should have been NINE days earlier than the original estimation, and because it wasn't the full 10 days, they didn't officially change it. So, when her unofficial due date came, she wanted to be induced, but her doc wouldn't do it "so far away from her due date"! What?! I would have been so mad. So she had to wait the nine days for her incorrect/ original date to come around before they would schedule an induction. Lame. I don't want to be induced anyways, and like I said, my new estimated date is later rather than earlier, but still. Totally lame.

Anyway, if anyone has a good idea for a middle name to go with Iris that they wouldn't kill me for using, please suggest it. We'll add it to the pool. (Not that the name matters much- I'm sure she'll be known as "Harvey" the same way Riley is known as "Moe"- see Eric.)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yay for another girl!
I'm the same as you - can't make out hardly anything on the ultrasounds... Mike says he can, but who knows!
I must admit I'm like Eric on names -- I see no hurry to settle on one. It was Mike who settled on Krew. I wanted to wait but he was convinced. Anyway - I'm SO happy for you guys!
And you are VERY lucky that they aren't pushing your due date back... My due date with Krew was June 10, the ultrasound said June 6, and Krew ended up being born June 14. So he was about a week late... and boy did he weigh it!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! A little sister for Riley, PERFECT! The only name that comes to mind is Sarah or I know Drew would say his own name also. But really, I am sure you guys have good names, you'll figure it out when the time is right. I am so excited for you guys!