Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Failed Trannie...

The transmission in our washing machine blew out this week. I didn't even know washing machines had transmissions. So now I'm at Patti's-- bless her-- using her machine to wash the four loads that piled up while we waited to find out the problem with ours. Riley's watching movies to kill the time... so far she's on her second go round with "The Rescuers". And I'm looking on Craigslist to try to find a cheapie replacement washer, as I don't want to fork out $180 to fix our old one. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Bummer! We had our washer go out a few months ago and it sucked for a couple weeks! Check the store advertisements as well. We were actually able to buy a new one that was on sale. It's a simple model, nothing fancy, but it was brand new and it runs well so I know it'll last a long time. Don't go so cheap that you'll have to replace it again in a few months :)

The Taggarts said...

Hey cutie check this out. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=231&cat=47&pid=0 We are addicted to KSL. Our apartment has soo many things from KSL that we traded stuff for. The only problem is things go fast on there! Good luck on the searching! Thats a bummer. Iris is super cute by the way! (I'm a bloger addict and check your blog like everyday) I love pictures!

carrielyshous said...

What, they have transmissions? I guess you learn something new every day. I also realize that knowing and fixing are two very different things, good luck!