Saturday, November 21, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance and Emmylou Harris

So Stephanie and I went to the So You Think You Can Dance Tour a few weeks ago. It was AM-A-ZING. Loved it. Look how close we are! (Sorry for the sideways pic, I'm in a hurry.)

We are very excited to be there.

The awesome Bollywood routine by Jason and Caitlin

I loved this routine with Brandon and Jeanine. It wasn't technically demanding, but so powerful.

This was my all time favorite routine of the season, the Wade Robson jazz number.

This awesome number with the top three guys- doesn't it look like they're flying?

The amazing 'addiction' routine. I may or may not have cried.

The Travis Wall routine with Jeanine and Jason. So beautiful.

The breast cancer routine. Lovely.

The crazy cool number with Jeanine and Brandon. Love.

The final routine of the evening, done just for the tour, using all the dancers. It was fun.


And then, just two nights ago, I went to the Emmylou Harris concert with my sister, Liz, and my folks. Wow. She's SO cool! (I must have said that at least fifty time during the show.) It was a much different crowd then the Red Butte one I went to two summers ago, but just as good- or better! Wow. Buddy Miller played the opening act, and then he played with her during her part. So good!


And we met him. Wow.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that you and Stephanie hang out. I had a couple of classes with her and we were always seated next to each other because of our last names so I got to know her a bit. I love her!
Looks like you still get out and do fun things, even with two little ones at home. Good for you!

Unknown said...

I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance!!

Melody said...

oops...that last comment was from me..sorry :o/