Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sweet Summer

Unusually enough, I haven't been posting because we've been off having fun. It's been such a great summer so far! Eric would heartily disagree, but I'd say the weather has been perfect, we've had a blast with the kids, and an unusual ammount of time together. Eric's work has been really slow, which is rough on our bank account, but so much fun for our family. At first, I have to say it was srtange to have him here so much-- I'd gotten used to him being gone. But I'm accustomed to it now, which means it'll be all the harder when he starts school again in the fall. Oh well-- I just won't think of it.

The girls are doing great, and loving summer. Riley doesn't understand it yet, but she'll be starting pre school in the fall, so we've been trying to let her have all the fun possible this summer. She runs wild a lot of the time, and I bless our next door neighbors daily for having a trampoline, swings, and a slide in their backyard-- not to mention a lot of grandkids! Our pool is open, and she's leaning to swim, and getting pretty good. Her fearless attitude about it leaves me cringing often, but I don't want her to grow up as a wimp, so I try to hold in my gasps.

Iris is almost 11 months-- I can't believe she'll be a year old soon. Just can't believe it. She continues to turn up her nose at pureed baby food, but just loves grown up food. Other than sweets, of course, and honey, I think she's eaten just about everything we eat. She had a half a can of spaghettios and a Riley-size portion of enchiladas for lunch the other day. Not kidding. She's crawling like a maniac, pulls herself up to stand, and is beginning to cruise and to stand on her own for short periods of time. I'd like to put off the walking for as long as possible, now she's not behind on her moter skills anymore. She's a happy baby, and we sure love having her around.

Eric and I are just enjoying our time together, although we have had our share of tiffs about whether or not the air conditioning should be on. He battles our yard almost daily, and we've both got some quality reading done. I'm reminded each day why this is my favorite season.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

11 months?! I swear you just had her! Time is passing too quickly. I'm glad you guys are keeping busy and enjoying your summer! (And I'm glad someone somewhere is having good weather.)