Thursday, July 9, 2009

California

We went to California last week to visit Eric's grandpa-- it was awesome! We had such a good time! Eric and Riley drove out two Saturdays ago with Patti and Stephanie, and Iris and I got to fly there the next Monday. Usually I miss out on things because I'm still nursing (i.e. river trip). Not this time! Ha! I love to fly, and Iris was a gem.

We went to the beach several times, but unfortunately Riley got salt water in her mouth and eyes on the first wave. It was hard to convince her to get back in after that. We had dinner and ice cream at Ruby's, the diner at the end of the pier on Seal Beach. I love that place-- so quaint. Eric, Stephanie, and I went to a Dodger's game and watched the fireworks after, which was very fun. We went to Disneyland-- Riley and Iris's first time, and my first time since I was about 10. I was a little aprehensive on top of my excitment; I thought the kids would drag and make things miserable. Just the opposite! They were so great! Riley had such a blast, and Iris was a trooper with only one nap. We loved it! Unfortunately Riley is going through a new stage where she covers her face in all pictures, but that's OK. That was an all day adventure, of course, and we took time to recuperate the next day. Eric and I were able to see our good friends Drew and Sarah, who moved out there last year, which was great. We have so much fun with them, and wish we could see them more often.

The main purpose of the trip was to get Eric's grandpa's car, to replace the Civic lost in the wreck. It's a Lincoln Towncar, baby! We're riding in style! After a few mishaps, we got home safely on Saturday night (or Sunday morning-- it was about 1:30 am...).

It was such a good trip. Patti, Stephanie, and Grandpa were all great-- thank you!





I have pictures almost exactly like this from two summers ago when we visited. They're both even wearing the same coats. We should shop more.


Very stoic


Right after Iris tried to eat the pole


Tinker Bell's friend, Faun was so bored... no wonder Riley wouldn't look at her


Even Tink herself couldn't get the hands down

3 comments:

carrielyshous said...

I had to laugh about Riley's pictures- and wonder how long it will last... I can just see her prom pictures. lol. Sounds like you guys had a great time! It's good to hear from you, even from blogland :)

Emily said...

What a FUN trip!! The beach and Disneyland are 2 of my favorite places! Makes me miss living close to Cali. I'm so happy you've been blogging today... I've missed hearing about your cute family! I'm glad you guys are doing well. Love you!

Erin and Spencer said...

Yay! I have been waiting for a new post!! (I know I shouldn't talk). You serioulsy have the cutest little family!!