Friday, July 17, 2009

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

My family has been going to Jackson Hole to run the Snake River each July for years and years. It's been one of my favorite trips, especially since Eric and I have been married and he's come along. It's so fun to watch him experience and enjoy what's been such a big part of my life. This year we brought along sister-in-law Stephanie, as well as our friends Melanie and Tyler, with their little boy Kyson. He and Riley are the best of pals, and will probably marry one day. Melanie got all the pictures of them together-- I'll have to snag them so I can post. She got one of them snuggling on the same camp chair. Awwww.

I'm not entirely sure I was supposed to blog the following two pictures. But if I wasn't, they really shouldn't have made it possible. This is my dad rowing, Tyler in the back and Stephanie and some of my parents friends in the front. Watch Stephanie eat it.


And then the grin.



We had Iris in her pack and play, but the nights get so cold, so I bundled her up pretty good. It might have been overkill.


Look at those rosy cheeks.




Playing around on the boats in between runs.


Iris will be our next oarsman... er, woman.








Couldn't get them in fast enough






Our little group. If I look awkward and uncomfortable, it's because I was. Riley kept slamming her weight (which isn't much, but still) into me unexpectedly, so I was braced.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had lots of fun :)

The Taggarts said...

fun fun!! what a wonderful tradition ya have!

Katie James said...

Hooray for blog-stalking! How did you find me? I am so glad we are blogging buddies now... it's going to be so much easier than walking across my backyard to yours!
PS- Looks like a fun trip. glad you are home!