Friday, November 7, 2008

A Fun Day

In my efforts to keep Riley and myself from going crazy during our autumn/ winter imprisonment, I've tried to take her out to do fun things that don't involve germs. (It's amazing how little there is to do...) The other day, I, along with my brother Graham and his dog, Dusty, brought the girls up to Sundance to run around. There were hardly any people there, so that helped with the germs, and she and Dusty could run around to their hearts content.

Graham and Riley by the indian statue

Graham had a rope that he was throwing for Dusty- then it got caught in a tree! Here he's trying to knock it down with a large piece of wood he found. (The wood is the blur in the middle left of the picture.)

You can't see it well in this picture, but the wood got caught up next to the rope. It just wasn't Grammy's day. He eventually got the wood down using another piece, but never got the rope. Bummer.


I tried and tried to get Riley to let me take her picture, but she kept hiding behind things. I guess I really irritated her, because just after I took this picture...



...she charged!
Later that evening, I met up with best pal Melanie and her son Kyson- best pal of Riley. With my mom taking care of Iris, we were free to take the kiddos to Hee Haw's. It's got a corn maze that we didn't do, and lots of fun things for kids.
Melanie took the kids down the slide- I confess, I was chicken.
(I was shamed into it later.)



A train ride using barrels with animal heads as cars.



When we went to the pumpkin patch, Riley strayed from the path and came back covered in burs! Those suckers hurt to get out!



Melanie and I took turns pulling the kids around in a cart.



Kyson and Riley liked making "corn angels" in the big pit of corn.

2 comments:

carrielyshous said...

This looks like so much fun. Where is He Haws and why haven't I heard of it?

The Scribbles said...

hey here is my blog

http://calebandkylee.blogspot.com/