Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Kids Are So Weird

While we were on our Jackson Hole trip, I noticed that Iris started a new phase where she'll store her food in her cheeks for long periods of time without chewing or swallowing. 45 minutes or so after the first (and only) bite, something would startle her, and out would flow liquefied pretzel... usually all over Eric or me.

But the other day was the kicker. We had hot dogs and french fries for lunch, ending around 2:30. She ate pretty well throughout the meal, and only stored a bite when we were almost done. We went shopping after, and got home in time for her nap at 3:30, when I realized she still had the bite stored. Call me a bad mom, but I put her to bed with her cheeks full-- trying to get her to spit it out could have been a 15 minute process. She slept for three hours (which was great), and when she woke up at 6:30, this is what she looked like:


It took me till 7:00 to convince her to surrender it, and I found a surprisingly recognizable blob of hot dog and some french fries. Aye aye.


There's no big story about Riley, and it's not news that she's a crazy person. I went in to check on her tonight, and to my surprise, found this:


Well, it is very hot here. Love the tan lines.

2 comments:

The Taggarts said...

hahaha too funny.

Emily said...

okay so i gotta say that's really kinda gross. funny, but gross. it's a good thing they are cute :)