Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Iris at 19 months

I cannot believe Iris is already 19 months! Where has the time gone? I haven't posted just about her in a while, so I thought I'd catch you all up on her goings on.



She loves to play with her toys, books, and babies. Sometimes just climbing into the toy box is all the entertainment she needs.


She's a pickier eater than she used to be, which can be frustrating. Riley got finicky about food around 18 months, and has never stopped, so at least I know what's in store for us.


She and Riley get along really well, for the most part. Riley is pretty patient with her, and Iris loves to tag along. She doesn't seem content to let Riley cause all the mayhem, and is now our Troublemaker-In-Training.



She's talking more and more these days, and can say about 20 words (at the last count). She's climbing everywhere and into everything. Keeps me on my toes.



She loves books, and can be occupied with a stack of books while I cook dinner or try to clean. If I'm very quick, I may even get a whole room done before she finishes and comes to undo my work. Dear girl.


She is so sweet, and if caught in the right mood, will cuddle-- that's the time my love for her is an almost physical ache in my heart. She's added so much to our family, and we can't imagine how we got along without her.

Iris Helena-- we love you!

5 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

OK, so pink vest picture is my new absolute favorite. LOVE it!

Patti said...

Oh, she is so sweet. I love how she backs up into your lap with a book!

The Taggarts said...

Such a beautiful girl! I laughed so hard at the vest picture! What a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet

Cassidy A. Storey said...

SO CUTE!!!!