Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lynn "LT" Stanley Bartlett

We have had a rough week. Rough, and certainly unexpected. Eric's father, Lynn "LT", died last Saturday, quite suddenly. We had the funeral today, and I'd say it went as well as could possibly be expected. As Eric said, if you come away from a funeral having had a spiritual experience, someone did their job right.



Eric and I have been greatly comforted by the words of a friend in our ward. He reminded us that our relationships don't end or stop short because someone has died. Because of the knowledge we have been blessed with, we know that our friendships and family ties can grow and strengthen even after someone has passed. We have already felt some of that.

Eric and I are so grateful to all who have reached out to comfort us during this hard time. The visits, phone calls, flowers and cards (and babysitting offers) are so appreciated. We are blessed to have such amazing people in our life. Thank you.

For any who are interested, the obituary is here.

3 comments:

felipe vencedor said...

Hello I'm Felipe from Brazil eight years and I'm posting my story if you want to help me click on my ads on my blog that is helping me and my address is Rua: Antonio josé Scheffer 0.350 Step-center towers / SC - CEP: 88980.000-Brazil-earned ...

carrielyshous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. He didn't look very old. I hope that you guys are ok, and that the truths of the gospel are helping a bit.

Emily said...

Oh Catherine I'm so sorry! I hope you guys are doing okay through all of this. As hard as losing a loved one is, at least we know we'll see them again. Love you!!