Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What a great summer!

Once again, it's been a while since I've posted. Ordinarily this would be because I have nothing interesting to post about, but not this time! I've just been so busy doing extra fun things- best of all was a river trip to Jackson Hole with my family. We've been going there in July for quite a long time, and it was great to be back again. Riley has made the trek every summer since she was born, but this was the first time we let her on the boat. There is a calm stretch above the part we usually go on that was perfect to take her on-- she loved it! We went from last Wednesday morning until Saturday afternoon. Kind of a long trip, and I was worried that maybe it would be too long. (I kept remembering our trip to Huntington last summer with Scott and Erika and Stephanie-- what a nightmare.) It turns out I was worrying needlessly, as Riley was a complete gem! Seriously, she was great. It helps that my dad invited a family with younger kids, so she had little people to run after and adore, but still, she was fantastic in her own right. I was thrilled. The rapids were fun, and my dad even relinquished the oars to Eric for part of the time. An oarsman is born- he loved it! We'll need to start saving our pennies now for a raft of our own. So that trip was a blast, and now Eric and I are planning a small trip of our own.

This isn't us, because I couldn't find ours online, but you get the idea.


While in JH, we missed out on Eric's family trip to his aunt and uncle's cabin-- one of his favorite places in the world. It was a bummer to miss, but we had already planned on the river. Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Gerry are two of the most generous people ever, and they're letting us come down just us this weekend. It won't be quite the same as being there with the whole fam, but second best is some alone time. Thanks to Grandma Pat and Grandma Char and Grandpa Craig, babysitters extraordinare, Eric and I are going down to the cabin for two days of relaxation. Eric will fish, I'll nap... what a life! Can't wait!

Eric in 40 years


In the meantime, I'm working on redecorating Riley's room, and getting our office ready to transform into babyworld. You know, people are so nice! A woman in Patti's ward was giving away a twin bed, so we got that for free. (Tonight is the first night for Riley to sleep on it- wish us luck!) And a woman in my ward was getting rid of a glider chair and ottoman, so we got that for free, as well. Those were some of the only pieces of furniture we were going to need to purchase, so I was so grateful to not have to! (If anyone knows where to get a bassinet, I'd love to hear about it!) Once we get everything painted and organized, I'll post pictures. Since I'm not a crafty person, I'll no doubt feel overly proud, but please don't burst my bubble.


This is one of the bed spreads that I'm eying, but it's kind of pricey. We'll see.

4 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

I love that bedspread! So cute! OK, so two of the blog template sites that I have checked out are pyzam.com and leeloublogs.blogspot.com I am sure there are a gillion others, but these are the only one's I've looked at. Good luck!

Sarah said...

How fun! I'm sad we couldn't make it, but it sounds like you guys had a Great time. And how Great for you two to get away for the weekend to relax. Also, I love that bed spread. Sounds like things are going well for you guys! We need to get together again before we leave!

Emily said...

Have so much fun at the cabin! It will be such a nice weekend for both of you! Can't wait to see pictures of Riley's room and the nursery when you're done!

Anonymous said...

That is an adoreable bed spread. It sounds like people have been way generous and kind, how awesome! It sounds like you guys have been super busy with fun things, good for you guys....may the summer of fun never die!